Discover A Life Free Of Fears & Phobias
At last you can free yourself from your fear or phobia
A phobia is a fear of a thing or activity and can take over your life.
You may feel strong avoidance behaviour linked with your phobia, perhaps avoiding situations where you could be subjected to your fear or phobia.
You don't have to live with your phobia - after all you weren't born with it! You are only born with 2 fears - the fear of falling and the fear of loud noises. Everything else has been created which means you can uncreate it! Find out how ...
Call me today for a friendly informal chat on 01452 750646 or 07765 182127
What is a Phobia?
A phobia is a persistent fear of an object or situation which you may find yourself going to great lengths to avoid. Your phobia is a sign of internal anxiety - something inside you, but outside of your control.
You may feel strong avoidance behaviour linked with your phobia, perhaps avoiding situations where you could be subjected to your fear or phobia. So if for example you have a fear of flying you may avoid holidaying abroad. A client I helped recently had been avoiding a family wedding he dearly wanted to attend due to his fear of flying. Your fear or phobia may be combined with any or all of the following symptoms -
- Your heart pounding and chest tightening
- Sweating or trembling
- Shortness of breath and dizziness
- A fear of being out of control
- Your mind going blank or a fear of this happening
You are not alone. The following is a list of some common phobias -
- Acrophobia - fear of heights
- Agoraphobia - fear of open spaces
- Aichmophobia - fear of needles
- Arachnophobia - fear of spiders
- Aviatophobia - fear of flying
- Claustrophobia - fear of enclosed spaces
- Coprophobia - toilet phobia, fear of going to the toilet
- Demophobia - fear of crowds
- Dentophobia - fear of dentists
- Emetophobia - fear of being sick or vomit phobia
- Glossophobia - fear of public speaking
- Hemaphobia - fear of blood
- Hydrophobia - fear of water
- Iatrophobia - fear of doctors or fear of going to the doctor
- Misophobia - fear of dirt or germs
- Myctophobia - fear of darkness
- Nosocomephobia - fear of hospitals
- Nyctophobia - fear of darkness
- Odontophobia - fear of dentists
- Scopophobia - fear of being judged
- Thanatophobia - fear of death or fear of dying
- Trypanophobia - fear of injections
The third last phobia on the above list, Scopophobia also known as Social Phobia or Social Anxiety, is probably the most common phobia there is. The fear is based around public situations and is a dread of any situation where you may feel the centre of attention, embarrassed, humiliated or judged.
Do you -
- Have a fear of public speaking, interviews, making presentations or going to social occasions such as parties.
- Find that you are overly sensitive to criticism
- Have a negative self image and feelings of inferiority
- Fear rejection or have a fear of ‘not being good enough’
- Worry excessively about how others see you/have a fear of being judged?
If so you could be suffering from Social Phobia. Another very common phobia is Emetophobia (the fear of being sick or seeing others being sick). Both of these phobias can be quite debilitating, even limiting what you could achieve in your life. The good news is that you can easily rid yourself of these phobias.
How do phobias develop?
Your phobia was probably caused in childhood where, as a child you experienced an intense fear, but the emotions were so strong that you were unable to cope with them. As a result you bottled up the emotions which had to be released somehow and this is when you developed your phobia. These emotions are locked away in your subconscious mind so you are not consciously aware that they exist.
Phobias can also develop after experiencing a traumatic or distressing event such as a car accident, visit to the dentist or an illness. A child who repeatedly observes a parent’s fear, for example, a parent being petrified of heights/flying/dentists, can in turn develop the same phobia.
FREE YOURSELF OF THE DISTRESS CAUSED BY PHOBIAS - CALL ME TODAY
If you would like to know more about releasing your phobia, please contact me and I will be more than happy to have a chat with you. I offer a complimentary telephone consultation so we can have a chat and discuss your phobia. This is your special time, your investment in yourself, and I will want to get the best possible results for you.
For a complimentary chat just call me on 07765 182127. If I’m with a client you can leave a confidential message and I will return your call as soon as possible.
To your success
MIAEBP DHYP Adv MIAPH Acc